Paleo Crockpot Chicken And Dumplings
1 ½ pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts1 medium onion, finely chopped2 garlic cloves, minced3 medium carrots, peeled and diced1 tsp fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp dried thyme½ tsp dried oregano2 cups homemade chicken stock¼ cup almond milk¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leavessalt, black pepper to taste
For dumplings:2 cups almond flour, sifted4 tbsp melted coconut oil2 tbsp almond milk¼ tsp apple cider vinegarsalt to taste
1. Place the chicken, onion, garlic, celery, carrots, thyme, dried oregano, dried basil, bay leaves and chicken stock in a slow cooker. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stir to combine. Cover with a lid and cook on low for 4 ½ 5 hours.
2. Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks. Discard the bay leaves. Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir.
3. In a small bowl combine the almond milk and arrowroot flour. Add the milk mixture and chopped parsley to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
4. Meanwhile, make the dumplings. In a bowl place the almond flour, baking soda and salt and mix to combine. Add the almond milk, apple cider vinegar and coconut oil and stir until a soft dough forms. Drop the dough in heaping tablespoons onto the chicken mixture.Cover and cook for 1 -1 ½ hours or until dumpling are cooked through. Serve warm.
Breakfast Pizza Quiche From Jays Baking Me Crazy
Cant decide between pizza and quiche? Who can? I love unique recipes that combine comforting recipes into one healthy, filling, nourishing way to start the morning. Part of beating the paleo diet boredom is keeping fresh ideas in meal prep rotation, and these slices will make great leftovers on the go. The pizza flavour will be tough to get sick of!
If You Have Diabetes Is Paleo A Good Choice For Blood Sugar Management
The takeaway: Essentially, there arent enough encouraging study results for experts to make a formal recommendation for people with diabetes to try the paleo diet just yet. If you want to try the plan with the aim of managing your blood sugar, be sure to clear it with your healthcare provider first.
Also Check: Anthem Healthkeepers Plus Medicaid Transportation
What Is Healthy Louisiana
Healthy Louisiana is the way most of Louisiana’s Medicaid recipients receive health care services. As soon as you or family members are eligible for Medicaid, you need to choose a Healthy Louisiana Health Plan to manage your or your family members health care. If you do not choose a health plan, Healthy Louisiana will choose one for you or your family. Compare health plans to find the best plan for you. If you have questions, call Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848 .
Food To Avoid On The Paleo Diet
Food to avoid on the Paleo diet includes anything that is processed. This includes:
- Processed foods
- Refined vegetable oils
- Dairy all processed foods made with any dairy products including butter, cheese, cream, yogurt and milk
- Fatty meats bacon, ribs, chicken legs/thighs/wings/skin, pork/lamb chops, etc
- Grains and cereals Bread, pasta, rice, oats, barley, rye, spelt, wheat, maize, etc
- Legumes beans, chickpeas, peas, lentils, peanuts, soybean products etc
- Refined sugars Chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks, fruit juice, ice cream, etc
- Starchy veg potatoes and all potato products, cassava root, tapioca pudding, yams
- Overly salty food salad dressings, condiments, ham, olives, processed meats, sausages, smoked/dried/salted meat, canned meats and fish, chips, pickled foods
- Sunflower oil, soybean oil, grapeseed oil, etc
- Fruit juice
Recommended Reading: Medicaid Office St Charles Mo
Sweet Potato Skillet Brownies
Like these sweet potato brownies, doesn’t it feel like anything made in a cast iron skillet is guaranteed to leave you full and content? Recipe here.
Ditch the grains for cauliflower rice, and you’ve got yourself a Chipotle-esque burrito bowl with steak, avocados, lettuce, cilantro, and mango salsa. Recipe here.
Healthy Avocado Deviled Eggs
This easy paleo recipe can easily become a regular go-to snack, appetizer, or it can even be part of lunch. With simple ingredients, it is easy to prepare the eggs and avocado make a tasty and healthy combination. The eggs can be hard-boiled ahead of time.
6 eggs, hard-boiled and peeled1/2 avocado, pit removed2 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely minced1/4 tsp garlic powderFreshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half and discard the yolks. Arrange on a plate and set aside.
2. Mash the avocado and stir in the remaining ingredients. Spoon the mixture evenly into the egg whites and serve.
Read Also: How To Apply For Medicaid In Buffalo Ny
Homemade Paleo Peppermint Patties
These homemade peppermint patties will melt in your mouth. Mimicking the taste of the famous York peppermint patties, creamy mint thins are dipped in chocolate and then frozen for a cold, luscious treat. To soak the cashews, simply place them in a bowl and cover them with water. Let soak overnight so that they become soft and can be blended into a creamy consistency.
1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight1/3 cup coconut oil, melted1/4 cup honey4 oz. dark chocolate
1. Drain and rinse the cashews. Place into a blender or food processor along with the coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and peppermint extract. Blend for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out cupcake liners on the baking sheet. Pour half a tablespoon of filling into each liner. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
3. Carefully pop the filling out of the liners and discard the liners. Place the patties back onto the baking sheet and place in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Allow to cool slightly. Use a fork to dunk the patties into the chocolate, and then place them back on the baking sheet. If the chocolate is too thick, stir in a teaspoon or two of coconut oil to thin it out. Once all of the patties have been dipped in the chocolate, place the baking sheet back into the freezer for 15 minutes more. Serve cold or store in the freezer.
Cheap & Easy Paleo Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
This is a comprehensive collection of the best cheap and easy paleo recipes. There are hundreds of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, desserts and much more.
As long as you have the basic paleo staples and a well-stocked spice cabinet, you will have most of the ingredients on hand for these recipes.
Some recipes include ingredients like ranch dressing or mayo. In these instances, you can either buy paleo ranch dressing and mayo or make your own. The latter would be the cheaper option so I included recipes for how to make paleo condiments at the bottom of this post .
Also, there is some debate about whether white potatoes are paleo or not. Some people think they are ok, and some dont so I included a few recipes here that use white potatoes. If you feel that they are not paleo, you can easily sub for sweet potatoes and the recipe will be just as good
Don’t Miss: Pueblo Dentists That Take Medicaid
Thai Pineapple Paleo Chicken Curry
Thai Pineapple Paleo Chicken Curry has coconut milk as the key ingredient which adds to the aroma. It gives a wonderfully appetite-provoking creamy texture and to your surprise, coconut oil is health-promoting.
The chicken curry with its rich flavor makes paleo mouthwatering. The delicate aroma mixed with that of coconut oil makes it exotic and unavoidably delicious. The other key ingredient, pineapple naturally sweetens the otherwise spicy dish.
How To Use Our Meal Plan
Ready to get started? Heres how our meal plan works:
This meal plan is designed to feed two adults. Most of these linked recipes are for two to six servings, so scale up or down depending on your needs.
A few breakfasts are repeated throughout the week to fit into a busy schedule, but feel free to repeat or change it up as you like.
The majority of the dinner recipes make four to six servings, so you can set two servings aside for lunch leftovers the next day. Weve also mixed in a few grab-and-go options, like rotisserie chicken from the Prepared Foods department.
Snacks and desserts can be enjoyed whenever it works best for you. In addition to a few easy recipe suggestions, weve also included some of our favorite paleo-friendly snacks that you can find in our aisles.
Also Check: Can Medicaid Be Transferred To Another State
Creamy Broccoli Slaw With Cranberries And Celery
Whether youre looking for an impressive salad dish to bring to a group gathering or you want to pimp up your daily side of green veggies, this broccoli slaw salad is the ticket. Its got great texture and beautifully combined savoury and sweet flavours that will delight and nourish you and your guests.
One Skillet Tilapia Veracruz
This recipe is perfect for the summer dinner with its good taste. It is easy to make as it takes 30 minutes to cook.
This Paleo recipe is gluten-free and grain-free. Thus, it is healthy and delicious having an eye-catching presentation. It contains onions, bell peppers, tomato sauce, tomatoes, olives, garlic, etc that will make it healthy and delicious.
Recommended Reading: Does Medicaid Cover Therapy In Michigan
Top 50 Paleo Diet Blogs Of 2018
Academy of Culinary Nutrition Best Of
In the last several years, the Paleo diet has changed the way many people eat and for those of us who are wondering how to make a go of it, there are a multitude of Paleo diet blogs. But the Paleo diet is about more than stuffing your face with scads of meat. In fact, most people following a Paleo eating style have a diet packed full of fruits and veggies.
Paleo eating offers an array of health benefits and is often used to address a wide range of autoimmune conditions, blood sugar imbalances, obesity and more. Our top 50 Paleo diet blogs will leave you feeling inspired and ready to get cooking in the kitchen!
Asparagus With Poached Eggs And Paleo Hollandaise
This paleo breakfast recipe has several steps but is well worth the extra effort. Crispy prosciutto and poached eggs rest on a bed of fresh asparagus, all topped with a rich hollandaise sauce. The flavors combine to form a delicious and savory breakfast.
1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed4 pieces prosciutto1 tbsp apple cider vinegar4 eggsSalt and pepper, to taste
Hollandaise sauce:3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil2 tbsp hot waterPinch of cayenne
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add in asparagus and cook 4-5 minutes until tender. Remove from the water and place into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook the prosciutto in a small skillet until crispy. Set aside.
3. For the hollandaise sauce, whisk the egg yolks in a medium metal bowl. Add in the olive oil, water, lemon juice, salt and cayenne and continue whisking. Place the bowl over a pot of boiling water so that the bottom of the bowl is steamed. Whisk constantly until the sauce thickens, about 1-2 minutes.
4. To poach the eggs, fill a large skillet with water. Heat to barely a simmer and add vinegar to water. One at a time, crack the eggs into a small bowl and use the bowl to slowly slide the eggs into the water. Cook for 4 minutes or until the egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a paper towel-lined plate.
View More Paleo-Friendly Breakfast Recipes:
You May Like: What Is The Number To Apply For Medicaid
Grilled Steak Paleo Salad
1 pound beef strip steak2 cups cherry tomatoes, washed and halved3 cups arugula, washed and drained4 tbsp olive oilsalt, black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 500 F.
2. Season the steak with salt and black pepper.
3. In a large cast iron skillet heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over high heat.
4. Add the steak and cook for 30 seconds per side then put the pan into the oven.
5. Cook the steak for 2 minutes then flip it and cook for another 2 minutes for a medium-rare steak. If you prefer medium, add a minute to both of the oven turns.
6. Remove the steak from the skillet, cover with a foil and rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
7. In a large bowl place the cherry tomato halves and arugula. Add the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Season to taste.
8. Divide the salad between serving plates, top with sliced steak and serve.
Turkey Apple Breakfast Hash
Does this qualify as the “breakfast of champions?”This turkey apple hash is a great idea for breakfast because it’s simple and anything can go into it. Diced squash and zucchini complement the flavor of the turkey and sweet apples with their nutty tastes. To be honest, I’d even eat this for dinner.
The Paleo diet doesn’t seem like too much of a struggle, does it? Most of the things you eat already are probably paleo anyway. With these paleo meal prep recipes, you’ll be on your way to becoming like our cavemen ancestors .
Also Check: Medicaid Estate Recovery Program Texas
Bang Bang Chicken With Mango & Cucumber Salad
There are many variations of bang bang chicken or shrimp in the world of Chinese food, generally featuring crispy fried chicken and a rich, peanut-based sauce. This version nails the spicy, sweet, sour, and salty mouth explosion and amazing texture without all the junk, MSG, and sugar. Its an addictive chicken dish anyone can make, perfect for pairing with a fresh mango slaw.
Slow Cooker Paleo Chicken Bacon And Potato Soup
This paleo soup is perfect for ushering in fall: It’s hearty enough for the beginning of soup season, yet brothy and veggie-packed so that it doesn’t feel too heavy. Pair it with a slaw or kale side salad for a light, satisfying dinner. This recipe is ideal for a weekend, when you can check on the slow cooker after just a few hours though you won’t be able to leave the soup unattended all day, this still offers the benefit of hands-free, fuss-free cooking.
Also Check: Dentist In Louisiana That Accept Medicaid For Adults
What If I Think A Decision You Make Is Unfair Incorrect Or Made Too Late
You have the right to appeal the Medicaid decision. There are several ways to request an appeal. You can write the reason you disagree with the decision on the back of the decision letter and then mail or fax it to Medicaid as directed on the letter. You can also fax the decision letter to the Division of Administrative Law at 225-219-9823 or mail it to the Division of Administrative Law, Department of Health Section, P. O. Box 4189, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-4183. You can request an appeal by phone by calling Medicaid Customer Service at 1-888-342-6207 or the Division of Administrative Law at 225-342-5800.
Asian Paleo Short Ribs
Short ribs make a simple and flavorful dinner, especially when they are made in the slow cooker. This easy paleo recipe adds a few more ingredients than usual to the slow cooker in order to infuse Asian flavors into the tender meat. Prepare this in the morning, and then a nutritious and very delicious meal will be ready and waiting for you by dinnertime.
2 lbs. bone-in short ribsSalt and pepper2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil1/2 yellow onion, chopped3 carrots, peeled and chopped2 stalks celery, chopped1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, tough outer layers removed, thinly sliced1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated4 cloves garlic, mincedPinch of red pepper flakesFresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Place the onion, carrots, celery, lemongrass, ginger, and garlic into the slow cooker.
2. Generously season the short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, sear the ribs in the pan until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Place into the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth, coconut aminos, honey, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture over everything in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 9-11 hours. Remove the lemongrass stalk and place the ribs on a serving plate. Let the braising liquid sit for 5 minutes and skim any fat off the top. Pour about a cup of the liquid over the ribs. Top with sesame seeds and cilantro to serve.
Also Check: Family Of Three Income For Medicaid
Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls With Crispy Bacon
This dish is what I call . If you love the taste and all the nutrients that come with the traditional dish but you cant be stuffed making the rolls , this recipe is for YOU, my friend. Tasty pork, juicy cabbage and crispy bacon are a combination made in heaven and its all perfectly united in this must-try dinner dish.
Tips To Keep Your Medicare Number Safe
Even though your Medicare Number is no longer the same as your Social Security number, you can still be at risk for medical scams if it falls into the wrong hands. Follow these tips to keep yourself safe:
- If you think your Medicare Number or Medicare Card has been stolen, alert Medicare at 1-633-4227 .
- Be careful to only give your Medicare Number to people you trust, like your healthcare providers, insurers, and pharmacists. Be wary of people selling medical devices or tests who ask for your Medicare Number and tell you that you dont need to consult with your healthcare provider first.
- Dont give your Medicare Number to someone calling you and claiming to be from Medicare if you havent requested a call. If youre in doubt, you can always hang up and call Medicare at 1633-4227 to be sure youre speaking to someone from Medicare.
Recommended Reading: Primary Care Doctors Who Take Medicaid