Are Mat Medications Covered By Medicaid
In 2020, the Federal government issued guidelines for states to increase access to medication-assisted treatment for opioid use disorders. States are now required to provide Medicaid coverage for certain drugs, counseling, and behavioral therapy.8
Some of the more common drugs used in MAT for opioid use disorders are:9
- Methadone: An opioid agonist, it acts on opioid receptors in the brain more slowly and without producing the euphoric effects of opioids like heroin. Methadone helps by reducing withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Buprenorphine: A partial opioid agonist, it also acts on the opioid receptors in the brain, but is not as strong as methadone and can be taken outside of an approved treatment facility. It helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings.
- Naltrexone: An opioid antagonist, it works differently than methadone or buprenorphine. Naltrexone blocks opioid receptors in the brain and prevents any opioid drug from producing euphoric effects.
Pittsburgh Mercy Mercy Behavioral Health
Pittsburgh Mercy Mercy Behavioral Health is a dual-diagnosis treatment center in Pittsburgh, PA that offers treatment for drug or alcohol use and mental health disorders that include dependent personality disorder as well as schizoid personality disorder.
Address: 412 East Commons Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 in Allegheny County
- Sober housing services, case managers and self-help groups
- Sexual abuse victims, rehab for pregnant women and domestic violence victims
- Accepts Federal funding
Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation Programs That Accept Medicaid
If you are addicted to drugs and alcohol, it is crucial that you receive rehabilitation before it is too late. However, many addicts often have money troubles arising from their persistent alcohol and drug abuse over the long term – which may affect their ability to earn a living due to job loss and the escalating cost of drugs and alcohol. Still, this should never stop someone from getting into rehabilitation.
Today, there are a large number of drug treatment facilities that accept Medicaid. By getting into one of these programs, you can easily receive the treatment and care you need for effective rehabilitation and recovery from your substance abuse disorder and any other co-occurring disorders you might be struggling with.
Recommended Reading: Therapists In Lansing Mi That Accept Medicaid
Addiction Treatment Services And Programs Covered By Medicaid
Medicaid covers a range of treatment services and programs for substance abuse.
Which services you can access will depend on the state youre in, the type of plan you have, and the rehab facility you attend.
The following are recovery programs and services commonly covered by Medicaid:
- detoxification programs
Light Of Life Rescue Mission
10 E. North Avenue , Pittsburgh, PA 15212
phone: 258-6100 Website:
913 Western Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15233
- Mens Life Recovery Program
- Free program
363-373 West Market St, York, PA 17405-1968
phone: 845-7662 / Fax: 848-4831 Website:
Pam Billet, Womens Director Email: pbilletyorkrescuemission.org Phone: 717-845-5947
Matthew Carey Email: mcareyyorkrescuemission.org Phone: 717-845-7662
Mens Shelter 367 West Market Street, York, PA
- Fresh Start Program: A 30 day program to help all women
- New Creation Bridge Housing Program: A long-term transitional housing program designed to offer support services for single women and mothers. This will give them time to make the adjustment from supportive to interdependent living.
- Women & Childrens Shelter: An emergency shelter for women and their children who are homeless for various reasons. The shelter provides: food, shelter, clothing, counseling and advice on case management.
- Spiritual Life Recovery Program: A 46-bed program for men
- Transient Care: A 28-bed emergency shelter for men. Supportive guidance, Chapel, meals and clothing are provided.
- Temporary Senior Foster Care: A 11-bed program for men 55 and older, who are alone and in need of a support system.
You May Like: How Can You Get Medicaid And Medicare
Does Medicaid Cover Rehab
Yes, Medicaid does often cover rehab. While individual plans and benefits vary by provider and state, Medicaid accounted for 21% of the $24 billion that health insurance payers spent on substance use disorders in 2009.4 Close to 12% of Medicaid recipients over the age of 18 have a substance use disorder.4
The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act was established to ensure that Americans with mental health issues and substance use disorders could receive the care they need by prohibiting discriminatory practices that could limit insurance coverage for behavioral health treatment.5 Federal guidelines now require Medicaid to comply with parity requirements and allow coverage for mental health and SUD to be no less restrictive than coverage that is available for other medical conditions.5
Addiction Treatment Centers That Accept Medicaid In Pittsburgh Pa
Unfortunately, there has been an increase in the number of drug addicts in the state of PA. This is extremely problematic as addiction is a progressive disease that requires the help of treatment facilities, such as those offered in Pittsburghin order to overcome. Through quality treatment programs, patients will have the opportunity to recover from the addiction that has taken over their lives. Within the area of 15234, there are numerous treatment centers that are willing and able to help you today. Itâs time to muster up the courage and call for help now so that you can live a life that is worth living. If you or someone that is close to you is in need of addiction care now, we can help. In as little as 90-days, those who attend treatment in Pittsburgh, PA can experience a life that is free from drug and alcohol dependence.
DrugTreatmentCentersPittsburgh.com offers a free advisory service to help you or your loved ones who are struggling with addiction and may receive compensation from our Featured or Sponsored listings.
NA/AA DISCLAIMER: DrugTreatmentCentersPittsburgh.com is not affiliated with Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous.The information on drugtreatmentcenterspittsburgh.com is provided for informational purposes only. If there are any discrepancies of times, dates, or locations of meetings,please contact us so we can update the information as we strive to keep the information as current as possible.
You May Like: Does Medicaid Cover Gym Memberships
Types Of Mental Health Disorders Treated
Many people who struggle with substance abuse also have undetected mental health conditions. This can make breaking free from addiction much harder than usual. There are also those who suffer from known mental illness conditions that also struggle with addiction. Regardless of the reasons, treating co-occurring disorders while also treating substance dependency is critical. At dual diagnosis rehab centers in Pennsylvania, several co-occurring disorders can be treated and managed effectively. Some of those that can be treated are:
- Dissociative Disorders
Tw Ponessa And Associates Counseling Services Inc
Tw Ponessa And Associates Counseling Services Inc is a dual diagnosis treatment center in York, Pennsylvania that offers treatment services for alcohol or drug addiction and mental health disorders that include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as post-partum depression.
Address: 160 Roosevelt Avenue , Suite 300, York, PA 17401 in York County
- Regular outpatient treatment and outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment for substance use
- Accepts Medicare
- Co-occurring addiction and mental health treatment
- Social skills development and mental health services
Also Check: Dentist In Madisonville Ky That Accept Medicaid
Inpatient Drug And Alcohol Rehab Centers That Accept Medicaid
For eligible individuals, Medicaid insurance plans can provide coverage for drug and alcohol addiction treatment. The amount of coverage varies by the plan, and eligibility for Medicaid varies by state requirement.
Medicaid is a state- and federally-funded health insurance program that provides healthcare coverage for individuals who qualify. Finding treatment facilities that accept your Medicaid insurance plan can ease the process of selecting and paying for a program.
What Will My Medicaid Plan Cover For Drug Rehab
Medicaid health plans cover a range of treatment programs for drug and alcohol addiction. Covered services may include inpatient drug and alcohol rehab, residential treatment, detox programs, and an array of outpatient services.
Check with your state plan to know which services you may be able to access.
Read Also: Is There Dental Coverage With Medicaid
Graniteville House Of Recovery
Graniteville House Of Recovery is a dual diagnosis treatment center in Sweet Valley, Pennsylvania that provides treatment services for substance use and mental health disorders that include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as post-partum depression.
Address: 5452 Main Road, Sweet Valley, PA 18656 in Luzerne County
- Rehab for adult women, sexual abuse victims and people with trauma
- Accepts Medicaid
- 90 day and 1 year rehab and residential rehab
- Transitional and sober living
St Elizabeths Recovery House
1850 North Croskey St, Philadelphia, PA 19121
Project HOME, 1515 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130
Phone: 215-232-7272 Fax: 215-232-7277 Healthcare Fax: 215-236-2308
- 26 single room occupancy units for men who are homeless and have a substance use disorder
- with or without a co-occurring mental illness.
- Residents pay 30% of their income for rent and $20 per week for food.
- housing programs offer permanent, subsidized housing for individuals and families who had been homeless. Most residents come to Project HOME from a safe haven, a shelter or from the streets
- Veterans must be eligible for VA medical services in order to occupy a VA unit
Also Check: What Is The Medicaid Gap
How To Pay For Treatment In Pennsylvania
One of the first things that come to mind when a person thinks about addiction treatment is the cost of care. Paying for treatment will always cost less than supporting a habit, so the cost of care should never be a deterrent. Pricing is always based on the facility used and the level of care provided as well. There are a few different methods you can use to pay for dual diagnose care in Pennsylvania. The Affordable Health Care Act will pay for drug and alcohol disorders and even mental health conditions. PPO insurance plans generally cover a portion or sometimes full substance abuse treatment programs. A few of the well-known providers are GuideWell, Kaiser Permanente, HCSC, and Molina Healthcare. In the event that a person is underinsured or lacks insurance coverage, Medicaid and Medicare are effective alternatives. Payment plans may be offered depending on the facility as well.
Pennsylvania Drug And Alcohol Rehab Services
When researching rehab programs in Pennsylvania drug, its important to understand some components of effective inpatient treatment. Knowing key terminology, as well as some offered services, can help when comparing various options.
- Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs: Detox programs involve the careful monitoring of withdrawal symptoms in a safe environment. Professionals may issue medications to alleviate symptoms and provide support to help prepare people for additional treatment.
- Medication-assisted Treatment : Medication-assisted treatment is an evidence-based approach that uses government-approved medications to treat alcohol and opioid addictions. A core element of MAT is the combination of medications with behavioral therapy.
- Behavioral Therapy: Behavioral therapy is the most common form of addiction treatment and is helpful for changing unhealthy attitudes and behaviors associated with substance abuse. Common therapies include motivational interviewing and dialectical behavior therapy.
- Treatment for Co-Occurring Disorders : A person with dual diagnosis suffers from both addiction and mental illness. Treating one condition, and not the other, may worsen both disorders. Dual diagnosis programs address each condition at the same time to the treat the whole person.
North Philadelphia Health System / Girard Med Ctr
1600 West Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA , 19122 Ph 215-787-2407 / 787-9000 Girard Medical Center 215-787-2000 Girard Medical Center , located on 801 West Girard Ave
- Dual Diagnosis Detox & Substance Abuse Rehab Center
- Offers naltrexone detoxification
- Offers methadone maintanence and detox
- Offers inpatient detox services
- Accepts Medicaid / Medicare insurance for detox
- detox assistance for those who are hearing impaired
- Health Plans Accepted : Aetna US Healthcare Hospital, Aetna US Healthcare Physician, Americhoice of PA Hospital, Americhoice of PA Physician, Health Partners Hospital, Health Partners Physician, Keystone Health Plan East Hospital, Keystone Health Plan East Physician, Keystone Mercy Physician, Oaktree Hospital
- 35 bed Drug& Alcohol Detoxification & Rehabilitation
What Addiction Treatment Services Are Covered By Medicaid In New York
To provide behavioral health services, MMC plans and Medicaid providers work with Medicaid enrollees to create a person-centered service system focused on physical and mental health.
Health insurance providers in New York, including Medicaid, must cover necessary mental health services and treatment for substance use disorders .
This includes inpatient and outpatient treatment. However, these programs can be limited by the types of providers and facilities.
The following are some of the substance abuse programs and other services covered by Medicaid Managed Care:
- medically managed detoxification
- medically supervised inpatient withdrawal
- medically supervised outpatient withdrawal
- chemical dependency inpatient rehabilitation
- family support and training
Also Check: Florida Medicaid Gold Card Providers
Pennsylvania Substance Abuse Statistics
In Pennsylvania, many people taking prescription opioids switch to heroin, an illegal and dangerous opiate. This contributes to the complexity of the opioid crisis. Here are some other statistics from the state:
- Pennsylvania experiences 28 percent more opioid-overdose deaths than the national average, with a rate of 18.5 deaths per 100,000 people each year.
- Nine percent of new HIV diagnoses are attributed to IV drug use.
- 11 percent of teens report using alcohol in the past month.
- Nearly 700,000 Pennsylvanians 12 and up struggle with alcohol addiction.
Top 5 Rehab Centers That Accept New York Medicaid
New York Medicaid, known by its state name as Medicaid Managed Care , covers a range of addiction treatment services.
Statewide, there are more than 1.9 million New Yorkers with substance abuse problems. Because of this, Medicaid coverage extends across most substance abuse treatment services.
With about 24% of residents enrolled in Medicaid, New York has one of the largest Medicaid programs in the U.S.
Recommended Reading: Will Medicaid Pay For Gastric Bypass
Medicare For Drug And Alcohol Rehab
Medicare is available to anyone over 65 years old and those with disabilities. Medicare is available for a monthly premium, which is based on the recipients income. People who earn less pay lower premiums.
Medicare can cover the costs of inpatient and outpatient drug rehabilitation. It consists of four parts that cover different parts of addiction recovery programs.
|The Four Parts of Medicare|
|Part A||Insurance for Hospital Stays. Medicare Part A can help pay for inpatient rehabilitation. Part A covers up to 60 days in treatment without a co-insurance payment. People using Part A do have to pay a deductible. Medicare only covers 190 days of inpatient care for a persons lifetime.|
|Part B||Medical Insurance. Part B can cover outpatient care for addicted people. Medicare Part B covers up to 80 percent of these costs. Part B covers outpatient care, therapy, drugs administered via clinics and professional interventions. Part B also covers treatment for co-occurring disorders like depression.|
|Part C||Medicare-approved Private Insurance. People who want more benefits under Medicare can opt for Part C. Out-of-pocket costs and coverage is different and may be more expensive.|
|Part D||Prescription Insurance. Medicare Part D can help cover the costs of addiction medications. People in recovery often need medication to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings. These medications increase the likelihood of staying sober.|
Caron Treatment Centers Teen Phase Ii Services
Caron Treatment Centers Teen Phase Ii Services is a dual-diagnosis treatment center in Wernersville, PA that offers treatment for substance use and mental health disorders that include bipolar disorder as well as thought disorders.
Address: North Galen Hall Road, Wernersville, PA 19565 in Berks County
- Sexual abuse victims, people with co-occurring pain and substance use and rehab for LGBT
- Residential treatment for substance abuse
- Residential long term rehab, long term rehab and residential detoxification
- Social skills development, self-help groups and drug addiction intervention
Recommended Reading: Medicaid Office Great Falls Mt
Bhs Regional Recovery Center
724-284-4357 / 1-800-831-2468
- offers outpatient services that include partial hospitalization treatment group and morning and evening intensive outpatient groups as well as relapse prevention group and traditional one-on-one counseling.
- Medicaid accepted
Torrance State Hospital 208 Grove Road 1st Floor
Torrance, Pennsylvania 15779
Mental Health Treatment At Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers In Pennsylvania
Addressing both mental illness and addiction at the same time is the best way to produce results. Dual diagnosis treatment in Pennsylvania is the best way to get holistic and evidence-based therapy for mental health disorders while also working towards sobriety. Patients with undiagnosed mental health conditions can have them identified and treated as well. Those who have already diagnosed conditions can get support with disorder management. Various therapies such as group meetings, cognitive behavioral therapy, one on one therapy sessions, animal therapy and even medicine management may be utilized to help patients during recovery. Not only will this help manage their mental health, but will also teach them the skills to manage their mental health in a healthy manner.
Capture Hope Through Dual Diagnosis Care In Pennsylvania To Finally Beat Your Addiction
Working to get rid of addiction is never easy, for those who also struggle with mental illness, the journey is even more arduous. With help from a dual diagnosis treatment center, you can break the cycle and reclaim your life. To get started on the path to a life of sobriety, give us a call to find out more about dual diagnosis care in Pennsylvania.
This page provides a full list of all of the dual diagnosis treatment centers in Pennsylvania
DualDiagnosisTreatment.org is a free service to help connect those in need of dual diagnosis treatment centers. DualDiagnosisTreatment.org is not a treatment facility nor a rehab referral service and it is not a substitute for visiting a dual diagnosis treatment facility. Nothing contained on or offered through DualDiagnosisTreatment.org should be understood as medical advice or relied upon for medical diagnosis or dual diagnosis treatment. DualDiagnosisTreatment.org does not endorse or recommend any participating Third Party Drug, Alcohol and Mental Health Treatment Facilities that pay to participate in this advertising.Calls to our general hotline may be answered by our .
Where do calls go? Calls to our general hotline may be answered by California Rehab Campus, Day Light Recovery Florida, US Addiction Services, Recovery Helpline, or other treatment providers.