Get Important News & Updates
Sign up for email and/or text notices of Medicaid and other FSSA news, reminders, and other important information. When registering your email, check the category on the drop-down list to receive notices of Medicaid updates check other areas of interest on the drop-down list to receive notices for other types of FSSA updates.
How To Cancel Your Insurance Plan Without Replacing It
You can cancel your Marketplace plan any time, but there are important things to consider:
- No one plans to get sick or hurt, but bad things happen even to healthy people. Having medical debt can really limit your options. If you’re paying for every medical service yourself, you may make some health care decisions based on money instead of what’s best for your health.
What Is A Specialist
A specialist is a doctor who only takes care of one kind of health care need. Specialists include doctors who treat things such as heart problems, broken bones or certain cancers. Your PCP will send you to a specialist for care when you need to see one. This is called a referral. If you already have a specialist that you see, ask your PCP for a referral for future visits.
Can I Change My Health Plan At Anytime
Once each year, you can change health plans during the time called pen enrollment.?This is true for all programs except the Medicare Medicaid Alignment Initiative , when you can change your health plan at anytime. How can I contact my Health Plan? Click here for a list of Managed Care Health Plan Contacts. Yes.
Get Health Care Services At No Cost To You
Your plan includes medical, vision, mental health and pharmacy benefits.
- Visits to your family doctor and specialists
- Large provider network including Southwest Medical and Intermountain Healthcare
- Pregnancy and maternity services
- Urgent and emergency care services
- Family planning services and supplies
- Eye exams and eye glasses
- Hearing tests and services
- Physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Mental health and substance use services
- NowClinic® online services to see a provider from your smartphone or computer
- Special programs that include gift cards, no-cost cell phones and baby cribs to those who qualify
Also Check: Georgia Medicaid Home Health Care
I Would Like To Change My Health Or Dental Plan
Change Health or Dental Plans Online
Log in to the FL Medicaid Member Portal to change your Health or Dental Plan. We will walk you through the process of changing your plan.
Why should you sign up for a FL Medicaid Member Portal account?
- You can check your Medicaid eligibility and enrollment status
- View and update your address
- Request help using secure messaging
- Enroll in a plan or change plans
- File complaint and see what is happening with your complaint
- Go paperless. Choose to only get letters from Medicaid electronically
- Receive email or text message alerts
Other Ways to Change Your Health or Dental Plan
If you are unable to change Health or Dental Plans online at this time, there are several other options available to you.
Can I Change My Primary Care Physician On Medicaid
Whether you move and require physicians closer to your new homes or you are simply unsatisfied with your current PCP, Medicaid will enable you to change PCPs at any time. The process of finding a new PCP will differ depending on the Medicaid program in which you are enrolled and any supplemental health insurance plans that may cover you.
Recommended Reading: Medicaid Customer Service Number Va
Which Medicare Doctors Can You Choose
Your Medicare coverage impacts which new primary doctor you can select. Here are the options for the various parts of Medicare and Medicaid:
- Original Medicare : You may choose any doctor who accepts Medicare patients. Compare doctors and their specialties through the official Medicare.gov physician comparison tool.
- Medicaid: You may select any doctor who accepts Medicaid patients. Call the clinic or your states Medicaid office to confirm whether your preferred doctor qualifies.
- Medicare Advantage health maintenance organization plans: If you have a Medicare Advantage HMO plan, you can typically opt for any doctor within your plans network. Your plan should publish a list of available doctors online, or you could request a hard copy.
- Medicare Advantage preferred provider organization plan: If you have a Medicare Advantage PPO plan, you may be able to choose any doctor accepting Medicare patients. However, you typically save money if you change to a doctor who is part of the plan network. There should be a list of these network doctors online, or available as a hard copy.
How To Change Pcp On A Texas Medicaid Card
A typical American visits a doctor one to four times each year, but the number of people with a primary care provider is dropping. Patient mistrust and high healthcare costs are some of the reasons for this.
Research shows that 23 percent of people dont even trust their primary care physician. In addition, 34 percent of patients are unhappy with the high co-pays and poor insurance coverage on offer.
Therefore, its safe to assume that how people feel about PCPs is unlikely to change just because they are on Medicaid. For that reason, it would help to learn how to change a PCP on Medicaid accounts in Texas.
Read More: How to Get Approved for Medicaid in Texas
You May Like: Spartanburg South Carolina Medicaid Office
How To Switch Medicare Providers Or Pharmacies Under Medicare Part D
Your Medicare prescription drug plan might have a preferred pharmacy network. This can be true whether you have a Medicare Advantage prescription drug plan, or a stand-alone Medicare Part D prescription drug plan.
In some cases, you may be able to order from mail-order pharmacies through your plan. Sometimes you can save money this way.
If youâre enrolled in a Medicare Advantage prescription drug plan, see the information about Medicare Advantage plans, above. If you have a stand-alone Medicare Part D prescription drug plan, be aware that your prescriber must be enrolled in Medicare, or have an âopt-outâ request on file with Medicare. If neither of these is true of your prescribing doctor, usually youâll still be able to get your prescription drugs covered for three months.
During those three months, you should find a Medicare provider to prescribe your medications whoâs enrolled in Medicare or who has an opt-out request on file.
If you want to switch prescribers or pharmacies, contact your plan to find out your planâs specific rules.
How To Change A Doctor On Medicaid Plans
Below are the tips you can implement to change a doctor on Medicaid plans.
If you have moved to a different place, your first order of business is to contact your local Medicaid office in Texas and inform them of your address change within 10 days of moving. Log in to your YourTexasBenefits.com Account and update the address. If you dont have such an account, you should create it first and include your new address. Alternatively, you can call the Texas Medicaid client hotline at 800-252-8263 and ask for help.
If you want to make changes in person, find your nearest Social Security field office using the Locator tool and get the help you need. You could also visit your local Medicaid office if it is nearby.
Make changes to your plan if you need to and note the name of that plan. You will need to remember it when finding a compatible PCP.
To find another provider, search through the Texas Medicaid provider database on the Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership website. Once you put in all the relevant details, such as your zip code and healthcare plan, and search using the primary care provider designation, it will provide you with the providers in your locale. You could also visit the website of your health plan provider and use their finder tool to search for compatible PCPs within their network.
When you visit the new PCP for the first time, ensure you are open about your medical history to make it easier for them to provide the care you need.
Don’t Miss: Air Purifier Covered By Medicaid
What Is The Difference Between Mi Bridges And Mi Enrolls
MI Bridges is a system used to apply for state benefits. These are benefits like health coverage, cash assistance, food assistance and more. It is also the system used to update personal information.
Michigan Enrolls is where you change Medicaid health plans. You can call MI Enrolls at 888-367-6557 to get help signing up for a Medicaid plan, ask questions or change plans.
Still have questions? Contact your Medicaid health plan provider or MI Enrolls. You can also learn more through the Priority Health Medicaid learning center. Priority Health Medicaid members can learn more about their Medicaid benefits here.
N4001-09 Approved MHC04042021
Medicare Advantage Hmo Plans
Medicare Advantage HMO members typically must choose primary care doctors from their plans network. You can do so by visiting your plans website and browsing through the doctors listed in your network. Your insurance company can also provide you with a hard copy through the mail if you prefer.
Take your time to decide and compare each doctors credentials and areas of specialty. Some insurers also provide patient reviews that are worth evaluating.
To change doctors:
- Choose a doctor from the network list.
- Ask the practice whether the doctor is accepting new patients and make an appointment if possible.
- Contact your insurance company through the phone number on your plan ID card to notify them of your new primary health care provider. In some cases, you may be able to make the change online.
- Confirm if your new doctor obtains your medical records or if you must coordinate this transfer.
Read Also: Problems With Medicare And Medicaid
Manage My Medicaid With Healthy Connections
Healthy Connections is the Idaho Medicaid program that helps participants connect with a Primary Care Provider /clinic who will coordinate their healthcare needs.
- Your PCP will coordinate your care, including giving referrals to other providers to allow medically necessary services to occur.
- Healthy connections follows a fixed enrollment process
- You will stay enrolled with your PCP unless you qualify for a reason to change.
- You can change your PCP for any reason during Open Enrollment every July and August.
If you need additional information you can contact Healthy Connections at 888-528-5861 or by email at .
When To Change Your Pcp
You can change your primary care provider for several reasons.
As previously stated, if you dont trust your PCP and feel that they are not providing the right kind of medical care, you can part ways with them.
If you opt for a new Medicaid healthcare plan and your current PCP is not part of its network, it may make more sense to find another provider within the network for your own convenience. Otherwise, you will spend a lot of money paying out-of-pocket medical expenses your plan should be covering.
If you move to a different area, and your PCP doesnt have a local branch, you have no choice but to find a different primary care provider to serve your healthcare needs.
You May Like: Select Health Medicaid Phone Number
Things To Think About Before You Make Your Choice:
- Am I happy with the doctor I have right now?
- Does my doctor belong to a medical plan?
- Which medical plans is my doctor in?
- Do I have to wait long to get an appointment?
- Are they open when I can go?
- Does the doctor have experience with my child’s or my medical problem?
- Does the doctor speak my language or provide interpreters who do?
How To Change Your Medicaid Plan After You Enroll
In Michigan, enrolling for Medicaid is a two-step process.
If you get health care coverage through a job or Medicare, let your caseworker at the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services know. They will make the change to your file. You will have to continue to see your current doctor until your coverage changes.
Recommended Reading: Medicaid Albany Ny Phone Number
You Can Find Information And Resources Here To Help You Get The Health Care You Need
Meetings and events: To find meetings and events near where you live, go to Meetings and events.
Health Care Option Guide: All health plans offer the same basic benefits and services. Some health plans also offer added services. View health plans with this Health Care Option Guide.
Health plan change request: You can request to change your health plan in one of the following ways:
- Login to your NC Medicaid Managed Care account. You will need to have your NCID ready to log in and request to change your health plan.
- Use this website to submit your form. To learn more, go to Submit forms online.
- Call us toll free at 1-833-870-5500 .
- Mail or fax the Health Plan Change Request form.
Request to move to NC Medicaid Direct or LME-MCO: If you have mental health disorder, substance use disorder, intellectual/developmental disability or traumatic brain injury support needs, you may ask to move to NC Medicaid Direct, including your Local Management Entity-Managed Care Organization . Use the Request to Move to NC Medicaid Direct or LME-MCO Form.
- You can use this website to submit your form. It is the fastest and best way to submit a form. To learn more, go to Submit forms online.
- Providers: If you are a provider, you may ask for a person to move to NC Medicaid Direct. Use the Request to Move to NC Medicaid Direct or LME-MCO: Provider Form.
- The provider form includes a Service Authorization Request .
- Both the provider and the beneficiary must sign the provider form.
New Primary Care Provider Change Request Form For Members In Managed Care Prepaid Health Plans
In collaboration with primary care providers , the NC Medicaid Managed Care Prepaid Health Plans have created a new standardized PCP Change Request Form for members who wish to change their primary care assignment throughout the year. A link to each health plans form can be found here:
As a reminder, beneficiaries can change their PCP/Advanced Medical Home without cause twice each year.
Below are the different ways beneficiaries can change their PCP/AMH:
- Beneficiaries can select a PCP/AMH at application, recertification or through choice counseling with the Enrollment Broker when they change a health plan.
- Once assigned a health plan, beneficiaries should contact their health plan to change their PCP/AMH using this form or by calling each plans Member Services directly. Contact information can be found in the Member Handbook on the Health Plan Contacts and Resources Page.
- Beneficiaries can change their PCP or health plan at any time over the course of the year if they have care or quality concerns. This is known as a change with cause. This PCP Change Request Form should not be utilized to process with cause member requested changes. Those with cause requests should be processed by calling each plans Member Services directly.
You May Like: Does Princeton House Accept Medicaid
Health Plan Report Cards
People across Texas shared their thoughts about their health plan, and rated them, one to five stars, on the services their plan provided. You can compare plans using the overall ratings or by looking at the services that matter the most for you and your family.
You can view the report cards on the Managed Care Report Cards page. Click the program you are enrolled in and find your service area to see plans available to you.
Original Medicare And Medicaid
Find the doctors near where you live who accept new Medicare or Medicaid patients, including their office locations and specialties. You can visit the Federation of State Medical Boards to check the doctor’s credentials and if they have any actions against them.
To change doctors:
- Find a qualifying doctor who is accepting new Medicare or Medicaid patients.
- Contact the doctors practice and confirm they are accepting new Medicare or Medicaid patients.
- Make an initial appointment with your new doctor and transfer your care to them.
For seamless continuation of care, it may be recommended to see the same doctor at each appointment. However, Medicare beneficiaries arent required to select primary doctors. Because of this freedom of choice, theres no need to notify Medicare or Medicaid if you change doctors.
You also dont need to notify your former doctor of your decision to leave, although you may like to. However, its prudent to check if your new doctors office obtains your medical records or if that is your responsibility.
If they do not provide this service, you should see your previous doctor to request these records and have a health status check before moving to a new doctor.
Recommended Reading: Find A Ob Gyn Who Takes Medicaid
How Do I Change Plans
Are you interested in becoming a Louisiana Healthcare Connections member? Here are answers to some of the common questions you might have about how to switch your Healthy Louisiana Medicaid plan.
I was recently approved for Medicaid, but I want to change my plan. How do I switch?
To change health plans by phone, call Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848 . Remember: free interpretation services are available to you if you need them.
To change plans online, . This will take you to the Healthy Louisiana secure login page. Youll be asked to enter some basic information to get started.
You can also use the Healthy Louisiana app to change plans. You can download the Healthy Louisiana app in the Apple App Store or .
I want to switch plans, but Im not a new Medicaid member. Can I do that?
You can change your Healthy Louisiana plan after the first 90 days for certain reasons. These reasons might be that your plan changed the services you need, or you cant get the kind of care you need.
You can only change plans by phone after the first 90 days. Youll need to call Healthy Louisiana at 1-855-229-6848 and ask for a transfer form.
I was told I can change plans during Open Enrollment. What is that?
Open Enrollment is a period of time held every year when you can switch plans. Youll get a letter in the mail letting you know when Open Enrollment will be. The letter will also tell you how to switch health plans. If you dont want to switch plans, you wont need to do anything.